6. TRAINING AND SUPPORT
New Safeguard owners are provided with a comprehensive, 26-week training program composed of classroom, conference calls, webinars, field visits by support personnel and access to a wealth of training through our web-based training portal, The Safeguard Learning Center. As a Safeguard owner, you will also work with a development manager to coach you through the transition of joining the Safeguard network.
Ongoing education is critical to a distributorship’s success. Through the Safeguard training department, customized training plans are available and recommended for many aspects of your business. Ongoing support is also provided to new owners through:
- Daily communications
- Safeguard's distributor Intranet
- National and regional conferences.
In these ways and more, Safeguard focuses on helping new owners learn how to run a Safeguard business:
- Sales, Marketing, & Operations... the Safeguard Way – Classroom training on the day-to-day operations of the business and the inner workings of Safeguard products. In addition, distributors are supplied with proven sales and marketing tips and techniques, business development and planning tools.
- Inbound/Outbound Call Management Up-selling/Cross-selling – Online eLearning focused on educating you and your office staff on telephone skills designed to grow your business.
- Product Training - Extensive product knowledge training provided including features and benefits, sales tips, overcoming objections, target markets, etc.
- Technical Training - Training provided on all Safeguard systems including order entry, reporting, Intranet, internal systems and Windows Office products—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Safeguard's national and regional conventions also provide opportunities for the entire network to come together to share and develop ideas and to engage in educational activities to help grow the business.
These meetings are held throughout the United States and Canada each spring to update distributors, associates, sales representatives and office staff on the state of current programs and future strategies for Safeguard including the introduction of new products and programs designed to increase sales.
This annual meeting brings distributors and corporate staff together to hear directly from key Deluxe and Safeguard leadership about the current and future direction of the promotional products business. Keynote speakers are selected based on messaging that motivates, invigorates, and reinforces key leadership skills needed to grow the business. Extensive workshops on distributor recommended topics and key Safeguard initiatives to grow the business are provided. You’ll also hear about the latest product developments, meet strategic vendors and enjoy learning from each other.